Wednesday 15 August 2012

Good bye Virgin Trains breakfasts

As a travelling barrister, one of the things I most look forward to is the Virgin Trains first class breakfast...which is now going to be no more as First Group storm in with their new franchise.  I will miss the silver service and the brummie/scouse accented food delivery.  I will miss the northern sneer when a customer had the temerity to reject the fry up in favour of smoked salmon and fruit.  I will miss those red racing trains and I shall miss the fact that Richard Branson owned a train set in the same way as I owned a model equivalent when I was 7.  Let's hope Virgin stay in the game and win another franchise...

As Sir Richard said this morning:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. When will the Department for Transport learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment